Member Events & ProgramsMembers of the Philadelphia Museum of Art are invited to enhance their experiences at the Museum through a variety of exclusive opportunities including tours which highlight the permanent collection, special exhibition preview days, and bus trips and enrichment programs which provide both social and educational opportunities to engage with other Museum members.
Members $10, includes trolley transportation, reception, and all gratuities.
Sponsor and above members are invited to enjoy the charms of the holiday season while exploring the recently renovated historic homes Strawberry Mansion and Cedar Grove. Following the tours warm up with a hot beverage and festive treats at Centennial Café located in Fairmount Park.
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (CANCELED)
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013, 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Take a guided tour and look at works of art that tell the story of Christmas.
- Tuesday, December 10, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 18, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Friday, December 20, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Journey through the galleries and discover a menagerie of animals and fantastic beasts.
- Wednesday, December 11, 2013, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Saturday, December 14, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, December 19, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Sunday, December 22, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Learn about the greatest of the Museum’s collectors and collections and explore the major galleries.
- Thursday, December 12, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 17, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, December 26, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 31, 2013, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
This tour explores Jewish art, in its many facets, from venerable 17th-century masterpieces to today’s most cutting-edge creations.
- Friday, December 13, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, December 27, 2013, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
Bringing together a diverse and exceptional group of works, this tour will highlight the inspired minds and imaginations of the most celebrated Surrealists.
- Tuesday, January 7, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, January 17, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, January 23, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Saturday, January 25, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Friday, January 31, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
Explore the history and creation of the Museum's medieval carpets and European tapestries.
- Wednesday, January 8, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
- Sunday, January 12, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Wednesday, January 22, 2014, Starts at 6:15 p.m.
Journey with us to Paris as we examine art that portrays the city from 1850 to 1900 as it awakened to become the “City of Light.”
- Thursday, January 9, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
- Tuesday, January 14, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Tuesday, January 21, 2014, Starts at 10:15 a.m.
- Thursday, January 30, 2014, Starts at 2:15 p.m.
11:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Join Christopher Atkins, Associate Curator of European Painting and Sculpture, for a lecture about this renowned Dutch artist, famous for his masterful and intimate depiction of women.
Young Friends Events & ProgramsThrough a broad range of special events and educational activities organized around the Museum’s world-famous collections, the Young Friends provide a forum for increased appreciation of the arts.
6:00 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Join us for some merry mingling, light fare, complimentary beer and wine, and a Candy Cane Raffle at Bistro St. Tropez, 2400 Market St.
1:00 p.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Explore memory, fantasy, and the uncanny realm of dreams. Space for the tour is limited, and reservations are required.
8:00 p.m. - 12:00 a.m.
The Young Friends of the Philadelphia Museum of Art invite you to a black tie affair in honor of Treasures from Korea: Arts and Culture of the Joseon Dynasty, 1392-1910. This full-scale survey is a rare opportunity for American audiences to see some of Korea’s artistic masterpieces.Event proceeds benefit the Young Friends' mission of support for art acquisitions, education, conservation, and special projects within the Philadelphia Museum of Art. VIP guests - Arrive at 7:00 p.m. for a champagne reception and private exhibition tour followed by cocktails, light fare, dancing, and dessert. Also includes a gift bag and access to the VIP lounge.
$275 per person
$225 per Young Friends member
$250 per person (for groups of four or more people) Gala guests - Arrive at 8:00 p.m. for entrance to the exhibition, cocktails, light fare, dancing, and dessert.
$175 per person
$125 per Young Friends member
$150 per person (for groups of four or more people) All standard Gala tickets purchased the day of the event are $200 per person. Young Friends member and VIP ticket prices do not increase. We invite you to become an integral part of the preservation and enhancement of one of the nation’s greatest museums by lending your support as an Individual Sponsor of the Young Friends fundraiser. Learn More >>
For more information, please contact Membership by phone at (215) 684-7840, by fax at (215) 235-0042, or by e-mail at .