Celebrate the HolidaysThe Museum is a wonderful place to bring family and friends throughout the holiday season. From joyful carols to ugly sweaters, join us for programs throughout the month of December that will add sparkle and shine to your calendar this magical season. All programs are free after general admission unless otherwise noted.
Create your own festive holiday cards for family and friends. Materials will be provided.
- Wednesday, December 2, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 9, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 23, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
‘Tis the season to be merry—pull out that ugly holiday sweater and join us for an evening of festive programs! Cozy up with a cup of hot chocolate from STARR's beverage bar and listen to festive carols sung by Jessi Teich, an edgy yet elegant songstress. Make memories with family and friends at a photo booth or create crafty holiday cards at our card making station. It is an evening not to be missed!
5:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Kick off the holiday season with George Burton’s Christmas Yule Log. This holiday show features a genre-defying rhythm section, complemented by a string trio featuring virtuosic violinist Diane Monroe, and sultry melodies from jazz vocalist Nancy Harms. The harmonic and rhythmic exchange between this stellar lineup will find listeners singing and swinging right along.
Experience some holiday cheer as the Pennsylvania Girl Choir, led by Music Director Vincent Metallo, sings European and American carols through the Museum’s galleries of medieval and Renaissance art. Each performance is approximately thirty minutes. Join us for a few songs or stay for the entire journey.
- Saturday, December 5, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:00 p.m., and 3:30 p.m.
$38 ($30 member). Free for Museum Circle members ($500+) and above.
Enjoy the festive tradition of visiting the Fairmount Park historic houses at holiday time, when each takes a unique approach to yuletide adornments. Each guided trolley includes a stop in three of the six houses (Cedar Grove, Laurel Hill, Lemon Hill, Mount Pleasant, Strawberry Mansion, and Woodford); the morning and afternoon tours are of different houses. Make a whole day of it to see all six!
- Thursday, December 10, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Friday, December 11, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Saturday, December 12, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
- Sunday, December 13, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m., and 1:30 p.m. - 3:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
The Shining Stars Orchestra entertain with klezmer and Yiddish music.Co-presented with Temple University’s Feinstein Center for American Jewish History.
Get into a contemplative, year-end mindset with music for cello and harp by gifted young musicians from the Curtis Institute of Music.Music in the Galleries is generously supported by Cooke & Bieler, LP.
- Saturday, December 12, 2015, Starts at 1:30 p.m., and 2:15 p.m., and 3:00 p.m.
$44 ($35 members)
Board the trolley from the Museum with playful characters from Charles Dickens's A Christmas Carol. They will guide you through Mount Pleasant, Cedar Grove, and Lemon Hill in Fairmount Park.Tours start every 30 minutes beginning at 5:30 p.m.; last tour begins at 7:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
- Friday, December 18, 2015, 5:30 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.
$45 ($40 for Members) includes General Admission
These intimate, 90-minute classes offer first-hand tutorials on global cuisine. Executive Chef Gerald Drummond leads demonstrations for each class, and assistant chefs are on hand to offer extra attention and help with techniques. Sample the food prepared during the class and receive recipes for all dishes, as well as a special parting gift.
- Holiday Treats and Sweets
- Wednesday, December 16, 2015, 6:00 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.
5:00 p.m. - 8:45 p.m.
Performances by Pedro Villaseñor and Ballet Folklórico Yaretzi.Co-presented with the Mexican Consulate in Philadelphia and the Mexican Cultural Center.
Spend some quality time with us between Christmas and New Year’s, with daily activities, tours, and music.10:00 a.m.–3:00 p.m. Winter Balcony Studio
11:00 a.m. & 1:30 p.m. Holiday Family Gallery Tour
- Saturday, December 26, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Sunday, December 27, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Monday, December 28, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, December 30, 2015, 10:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Enjoy holiday-inspired performances by local choirs and music groups.
- The Lost Keys
- Saturday, December 26, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Haddonfield Madrigal Singers
- Sunday, December 27, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Upper Darby High School Encore Singers
- Monday, December 28, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Nashirah: Jewish Chorale of Greater Philadelphia
- Tuesday, December 29, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
- Kennett Symphony Children's Chorus
- Wednesday, December 30, 2015, Starts at 1:00 p.m., and 2:30 p.m.
5:30 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Get centered before the New Year begins. Learn about the time-honored practice of yoga through meditative exercises, yoga postures, and breathing techniques among the beauty of the Museum’s collection. After a peaceful stretch, participate in an art making activity to set an intention for the next year. Henna tattoos, themed tours, and specialty healthy menu items will be available throughout the night. Don’t forget to bring your yoga mat and wear white.
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
$45 per person, $17 per child, plus tax & gratuity. Members receive a 10% discount.
Toast 2016 at Granite Hill’s New Year’s Day Brunch on Friday, January 1st. Indulge in classic omelet, waffle and carving stations while celebrating the year ahead.To make reservations, please call (215) 684-7990 or visit Open Table. View menu >>
Croissants, pain raisins, scones, pecan sticky buns, Blue Berry muffins vanilla butter, Nutella, orange marmalade Fresh Seasonal Fruit Fresh Squeezed Juices Parfait Station
house-made maple almond granola, fresh berries, vanilla yogurt Belgium Waffles
Pennsylvania Maple Syrup, Fresh Whipped Cream, Macerated Berries Quiche Forrestiere
porcini, chanterelle, Comte, leeks Country Table
Pates, Artisanal Cheeses, Charcuterie, Fruit Mustards Omelet Station
Local Farm Fresh Eggs, with your choice of toppings. Bistro Table Salad Bar
Charred Cremini Mushrooms, Bosc Pear, Tomme de Savoie, Sweet Walnuts, Pomegranate Vinaigrette, Baby Arugula, Petite Greens Carved Roasted Fresh Ham
French Lentils, Pearl Onion Agro-Dolce Roasted Sirloin of Beef
Wild Mushroom Ragout Roasted Scottish Salmon
Caramelized Fennel, Grilled Oyster Mushrooms, Whole Grain Mustard Jus, Chicken Roulade
Cranberry Brioche Stuffing, Apple Cider Gastrique Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Spiced Brown Butter Roasted Fingerling Potatoes
with Fine Herbs Selection of Mini Dessert Pastries