The power of a line: for the six female artists featured in this exhibition, it’s both an infinitely malleable form and a poetic metaphor for the borders and divisions that make up our world. Discover abstract paintings, sculptures, textiles, and works on paper that uniquely embrace and rethink the minimalist approach to explore questions about memory, home, and belonging.
Artists in the Exhibition
- Tanya Goel (born 1985, New Delhi; active New Delhi)
- Sheela Gowda (born 1957, Bhadravati; active Bangalore)
- Priya Ravish Mehra (1961–2018, born New Delhi; active New Delhi)
- Prabhavathi Meppayil (born 1965, Najibabad; active Bangalore)
- Nasreen Mohamedi (1937–1990, born Karachi; active Baroda [present-day Vadodara])
- Zarina (born 1937, Aligarh; active New York)