Return to Previous Page
Fan
building
June 4, 1977 - September 30, 1977
La Belle Epoque: 1800-1915 is an exhibition of 30 magnificent costumes, complemented by furniture and decorative arts of the period.
building
March 18, 1977 - August 30, 1977
Recent Acquisitions: Made in Philadelphia recognizes the extraordinary range of accomplishment of artists living and working in the Philadelphia area. The exhibition presents some 30 paintings, drawings, and prints and reflects the Museum's efforts over the past five years to add to its collections the work of contemporary Philadelphia artists.
Plate
building
April 1, 1977 - May 29, 1977
American Presidential China presents 115 ceramic objects used by the nation's First Families from George and Martha Washington to Gerald and Betty Ford. These works reflect the personal style of each President as well as changing tastes in ceramic arts.
The Seesaw
building
February 18, 1977 - March 20, 1977
The Museum's centennial anniversary culminated in the impressive exhibition Gifts to Mark a Century. More than 500 works of art were received as gifts in celebration of this important milestone. They ranged from European masterworks of painting to American furniture and decorative arts to treasures from India and the Far East.
Water Vessel (Kendi)
building
January 3, 1977 - February 6, 1977
The Museum was privileged to play host to the first major exhibition of Southeast Asian Ceramics ever presented in the United States. The exhibition included 109 of the finest examples of Khmer, Thai, and Vietnamese ceramics dating from the 9th to the 17th centuries, on loan from museums and private collections.
Viscera and Bloodletting Man
building
October 22, 1976 - January 2, 1977
A unique asset of the Museum's Prints, Drawings and Photographs Department is its large Ars Medica Collection, consisting of prints dating from the 15th century to the present, all illustrating some aspect of medical history or practice. Prior to touring major European museums, 137 works from the Collection were installed in the Museum's Ground Floor Corridor.

Return to Previous Page