Antonio Mancini, Italian, 1852 - 1930
Oil on canvasDimensions:
39 × 23 5/8 inches (99 × 60 cm)Curatorial Department:
European Painting before 1900, Johnson CollectionObject Location:
* Gallery 159, European Art 1850-1900, first floorAccession Number:
Vance N. Jordan Collection, 2004
Social Tags [?]
There are currently no user tags associated with this object.
[Add Your Own Tags
Galassi collection, Rome . Giuseppe Besozzi, Turin, before 1940; his heirs, by 1940 . Sale, Christie's, Rome, December 6, 1994, no. 342. Galleria d'arte Vittoria Colonna, Naples. Private collection. Sale, Finarte, Milan, November 7, 2000, no. 88; purchased by Erwin Silbernagl, Milan ; sold to Vance N. Jordan (1943-2003), New York, 2000.
1. According to the catalogue entry for the 1940 exhibition, Galleria d'Arte della Gazzetta del Popolo, Turin, "105 opere di Antonio Mancini" (no. 16). Possibly Gustavo Galassi?
2. Besozzi's heirs were the lenders to the 1940 exhibition (see above).
3. The preceding provenance information is supplied by the Finarte auction catalogue and a letter from Erwin Silbernagl, dated Sept 5, 2005 (in curatorial file).
* Works in the collection are moved off view for many different reasons. Although gallery locations on the website are updated regularly, there is no guarantee that this object will be on display on the day of your visit.