European Painting before 1900, Johnson Collection
The Adoration of the Magi
Fragment of an altarpiece; companion panels in the Stiftsgalerie, St. Florian; Anhaltische Gemäldegalerie, Dessau (259); Museum Diocesano/Diözesanmuseum, Bressanone/Brixen (ex Galerie Xaver Scheidwimmer, Munich); and in a private collection (ex Victor Martin Le Roy, Paris).Made in Tyrol, Austria, Europe
Artist/maker unknown, Austrian (active Tyrol), Austrian
Oil on panel
Currently not on view
Cat. 727John G. Johnson Collection, 1917
LabelThis painting once belonged to a small altarpiece that depicted several scenes from the life of the Virgin Mary. The other panels from this ensemble are in the Stiftsgalerie in St. Florian, Austria, the Anhaltische Gemäldegalerie in Dessau, Germany, and in private collections.